Friends of Daley Ranch Board Minutes
November 15, 2017
Present: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (or maybe it was just at the Train Depot) the following individuals met: Colleen MacKinnon, Rick Paul, Fred Woods, Jerry Harmon, Dick Althouse, Jim Schafer.
Minutes & Treasurer’s Report: Minutes from both the September and October meetings were approved by acclamation. Rick P previously submitted his treasurer’s report online to the board members. Jim passed the Iron Ranger’s collected monies for the past five months to Rick P.
After Action Review (AAR) of Annual Member Appreciation Day and 20th Anniversary founding of Daley Ranch Conservation Bank: There was an extensive and detailed discussion of the planning, setup and implementation of this successful event.
The highlights identified were:
1) The need for a “Working Committee” created far in advance of the actual event in order to ensure both the delivery and coordination of all the elements that are needed to make this event as successful as possible. The committee needs to be composed of non-board volunteers and board members.
2) Seven people to setup the event.
3) Eleven people to fill identified jobs while the event is occurring. Jobs identified are:
· Sign-in Table (one person),
· Donation and Membership Table (two persons),
· Food Table (three persons),
· Beverages Table (one person),
· Roamer to enhance communications and troubleshoot problems potential and real (one person),
· Master of Ceremony/Volunteer Coordinator (one person),
· Historical Persons (two people) to greet guests as each shuttle arrives and unloads. Would verbally highlight the features of Daley Ranch that guests should be aware of, and guide people on a walk along the restored outbuildings, barn and to the ranch house.
Ice cream (ice chest with dry ice) continues to be a highly desired addition to this annual event.
Annual Planning Retreat: The next Board meeting is set for January 13th 9:00am to 1:00pm at Jerry’s 1796 Troy Lane, Oceanside home.