We are following the County of San Diego – Government direction. City of Escondido parks and open spaces are open in accordance with the new County of San Diego Public Health Order. All parking lots are open and active recreation areas such as basketball, disc golf, and tennis courts are open.
- Fishing: Shoreline fishing is permitted. Facial coverings are required when purchasing a fishing permit and social distancing will be enforced.
- Fishing on the docks is open. 6 ft. spacing markers have been placed on the docks, facial coverings are required at all times.
- Full-day boat rentals: hourly rentals will not be available for the time being.
- Camping at Lake Dixon will fully reopen on July 3.
- The climbing area at Eagle Peak is now open to registered climbers by permit only. You can find the permit here.
- Play structures will remain closed at all parks per the County order.
- Queen Califia’s Magical Circle is closed until further notice.
We will update this page again with more details once all park facilities have been reopened.
Face covering reminder: You must have a face covering when you leave home and put it on if you get within 6 feet of someone not in your household. Children under 2 and people with medical conditions that prevent them from wearing a face covering are exempt.
More information can be found at: https://www.escondido.org/